It has been a while since my last update now, and a lot has happened since then.
The first weeks of GSOC went a bit slow due to exams and dissertation - all of which are over now, meaning I've more or less finished my Bachelor's degree (just need to get my results back now :-) ).
My task for the first weeks was to implement the use of volume keys for changing font size, this feature was altered in the end. After talking it over with a few people I realised that this might not be the best idea because reallocating keys will only add confusion for the user and isn't all that practical.
Menu on the main form
Instead of this, I have added a settings dialog where the user can set the font size. I've also added a setting for changing the automatic update interval.
The automatic update interval can be set to 1 - 15 minutes or 'off'.
As you can see on the first screenshot, I have also started working on the inbox, but I am now having to wait for Facebook. It turns out that to be able to fetch a user's messages, the application needs to be on Facebook's Inbox API whitelist - which is something I only realised today.
Since it might take up to a week for this to go through, I might start working on the desktop widget, unless there's a way for me to get around this for now.
That's it for now, but I'll be back next week with another update :-)