Thursday, June 3, 2010

GSOC - Volume keys

Since last update I've made my first contribution to facebrick - using the volume keys to change the font size. This still needs some work, and I have gotten some feedback from my mentor, so I'll be making some fixes/changes before it can get merged in, but so far so good. :-)

Next I'll be adding a setting to let you disable/enable changing font size via the volume keys, and also a setting to change the update interval of facebrick.

It's been a bit tricky getting used to Qt since I didn't have much experience with it already, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that. in order to get an understanding of how esy Qt is, could you estimate how long it took to get more or less comfortable with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started working on Facebrick 2 weeks ago, and I guess I'm more or less comfortable with it now - though I still have a lot to learn :-)

    There are a few things that are a bit different from how other frameworks do things, like the use of signals and slots to connect events with actions across objects - but just takes some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete