Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GSOC update - Progress on desktop widget

Some further progress on the desktop widget, it now fetches status messages and displays them.




I've had some fun while getting this working, apparently Qt isn't very fond of USB networking, so I kept getting the dialog asking me to connect to a network when running FaceBrick (I'm having to settle with USB networking over here as the router does not like N900s connecting to it ;( ). Setting it to automatically connect to WLAN solved that problem though.

I also ran into some problems moving the code for fetching news feed around, as some of the existing code was depending on the news feed methods being a part of the MainWindow.


What I'll be doing next is to make the status messages fit into the widget and make it scrollable. I have been trying to make the ListView displaying the status messages transparent, but I haven't had any luck with that so far, so will also be trying to sort that out. 

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your work on this, can't wait to get a good facebook client for my n900!

    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY!!! Thank goodness there are people like you that actually take the ball and run with it!! I currently use Facebrick and I love it!! Thank you soooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :-) Glad to hear you like it.

    ReplyDelete